Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Art journal page: Adventures

Hi and Happy Tuesday!
Elina here with you today, sharing my latest art journal page:





Oh how I love those images by Brian Kesinger! They contain lots of interesting details making the images wonderful for coloring. The stamps are very versatile and can easily be used both for cards and for art journal pages.


This time I made a double-page layout in my Moleskine book: I started with gluing down some old book pages...



... and once dry I white washed the texts with gesso. A thin layer of white gesso makes miracles to a busy textured background, calming it down and enabling the main images to pop!





While the gesso was drying I inked a few book pages with brown Distress ink. I stamped patterns on top with black ink, cut the images out, and glued on the page. I had some brown ink left on my ink blender, so I inked parts of the background with the same color, connecting the scalloped elements with the white background.


My old book had some empty pages, and I used one of them for decorating the background. Using the same brown Distress ink I stamped large X circles on the paper, cut them out, and glued on the page.
Even if there were several different patterns on the background, they all had the same common brown color which linked the elements together.




Also the background remained light enough, highlighting the main images.




I really like how this page turned out! Hope it inspired you, too :)






For this page I used the following VLVS! stamps:
Not in Kansas Anymore Otto by Brian Kesinger
Book Signing by Brian Kesinger
 X Circle
Typeset Scallop


Other supplies:
Stamping inks (Memento 'Tuxedo Black'; Distress Ink 'Brushed Corduroy')
Promarker alcohol markers for coloring
White gesso
Matte acrylic adhesive for gluing
Old book pages





Wishing you a great adventurous day!




1 comment:

KC said...

Oh wow how cool is this!?! Those octopus stamps are my new fave!